Climatic testing facility
NRC's climatic testing facility provides a single location to test vehicle, rail car and component performance under an exceptionally wide range of conditions. Whether your application is climatic evaluation of the HVAC system in full-size rail cars, the testing of a new de-icing agent, a torture test for new systems in a military vehicle – or so much more, our facility will get you there faster and with certainty.
What we offer
Designed specifically to evaluate the performance of even the longest and largest commercial and military equipment, vehicles and components under severe climatic conditions, the climatic testing facility can produce temperatures ranging from -46° to +55°C.
A full suite of instrumentation and 500+ channels for data recording keeps track of performance under controlled conditions of snow, rain, freezing rain, ice, and fog – and even a combination of those conditions, changing where needed over a period of time to simulate changing weather.
Measuring 30 metres in length, 6 metres in width, and 6 metres in height, the climatic testing facility is one of the largest and most versatile of its type in North America. Our technical staff have decades of experience in design and testing for extreme climatic conditions.
Why work with us
Climatic testing with us adds value to your business and operations in five important ways:
- Demonstrate that your product meets customer specifications. Qualify your products for their current and future applications in all kinds of environments. Win your customers' confidence and early sign-off, so you can land and deliver on their orders.
- Test your prototype, "weather on demand", regardless of the season. No matter what time of year, you can shift the seasons to meet your development schedule and keep your business and operations moving forward.
- Specify the environmental conditions you want and hold them there. Don't chase fleeting weather conditions around the country. Keep your test team in one location and keep it productive.
- Pinpoint failure modes no matter how elusive they are. Hold or sweep through any matrix of temperatures, humidity, or precipitation and spot trouble as it emerges. Avoid the uncertainty, cost and frustration of pinning down intermittent problems.
- Subject your product to environmental extremes. Find its performance limitations before your customers find them. Set operating guidelines for your product to avoid in-service failure and warranty claims. Stay ahead of your customers and know what your product can take.
Please contact us to discuss your specific project requirements.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: