Seed oil analysis and Oilseed trait engineering services
Technical service highlights
We offer comprehensive services for seed oil analysis and modification of seed oil quantity and quality in plants by genetic manipulation (GM) and non-GM approaches backed by years of research experience. Our diverse range of services includes:
- Advanced analytical techniques for determining seed oil quantity and acyl composition
- Biochemical and molecular characterization of genetic and environmental traits influencing oil quality and composition
- Characterization of metabolic pathways, gene identification, gene discovery and verification
- Evidence-based design and testing of approaches to modify oil composition and increase seed oil content
- A generation of engineered plant lines for verifying and testing of novel traits. Target oilseed crops include Brassica napus, B. carinata, B. juncea, Camelina sativa, Flax and Arabidopsis thaliana.
- Generation of seed oils with novel compositions for testing and development of applications.
- High throughput genome, transcriptome and microRNA sequencing
- Identification of molecular markers for marker assisted selection (MAS)
Why work with us
Client research and business needs can be addressed through a variety of services, from simple fee-for-service agreements to collaborative research projects and cooperative approaches. We will work with you to develop a customized plan to fit your research and development requirements. We also collaborate with partners interested in licensing NRC technologies to improve the performance of their crops.
We offer specialized services at competitive rates, which include the support of scientific and technical experts and full range of analytical capabilities. We also offer the opportunity for collaboration and/or for our partners to co-locate with us. Contact us to take advantage of our Canada-wide networking, research and development, as well as business development opportunities.
Would you like to know more about seed oil analysis services and oilseed trait engineering? If so, contact us:
Agricultural biotechnology, crop development companies/organizations, oilseed crushers and processors, vegetable oil distributors, nutraceutical industry
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: