Types of Access
Single user, online subscription (MAC, PC, iPad, Android tablet)
You must have Internet access to register, activate and view the online publications.
- You need to register your unique User ID and a Password in order to log in to the CODES-GUIDES Online Library and view your publications.
- This type of access allows you to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet, anywhere in the world.
- Access to the publications is limited to the period of time specified by your subscription term, i.e. 10 days, 1 year, or 5 years. The clock starts on the day of activation.
- User Manual for “Single-User Online” Subscriptions
Single user, downloadable (MAC, PC)
Note: Single-user, downloadable PDF subscriptions are currently not supported on mobile devices.
You must have Internet access to register, activate and download the publications.
- You need to register your unique User ID and a Password in order to log in to the CODES-GUIDES Online Library and download your publications.
- Once the document is activated and downloaded, you can view the publications offline, while not connected to the Internet.
- Activation is computer-specific, which means publications cannot be viewed on a different computer.
- This PDF file cannot be installed on a network drive.
- User Manual for “Single-User Downloadable” subscriptions
Concurrent user, online subscription (MAC, PC, iPad, Android tablet)
Note: Web proxy software, such as EZProxy, is not supported. Please contact the proxy software vendor for technical support.
Concurrent user licenses allow a number of users to access Code documents simultaneously. The number of users is limited to the number of licenses purchased by your organization for a specified registered location:
- Each organization can have one or more registered locations or offices.
- Each registered location is determined by a single, static IP address, usually a firewall, a proxy or a gateway IP address “visible” via the Internet. Subscriptions cannot be shared between multiple IP addresses that are not on the same network. Each distinct network address requires a separate subscription (license).
- Each organization must appoint a Concurrent User Administrator to manage the subscriptions for the registered locations. The Concurrent User Administrator must register a unique User ID and a Password in order to log in to the CODES-GUIDES Online Library and activate publications for the organization.
- User Manual for “Concurrent User Administrator” and User Manual for “Concurrent-User Online” Subscriptions.
Concurrent User licenses allow users to:
- View publications online from any computer connected to the Internet only from a registered location. Users do not need a User ID and Password to view the publications.
- Access to the publications is limited to the period of time specified by the subscription term, i.e. 1 year or 5 years. The clock starts on the day of activation.
Note: Concurrent user access is available only to organizations.
For information on ordering concurrent user licenses, contact the NRC Construction Research Centre Client Services at 1-800-672-7990 (Canada) or at 613-993-2463 (Ottawa-Gatineau and outside of Canada).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: