Where do I purchase the Codes?
Answer to question 1:
Codes Canada publications can be purchased online via the NRC Virtual Store with a credit card. If you wish to pay by cheque or money order, you can submit an order form to Publication Sales. More details can be found on the Codes Canada Publications Web page. If you wish to reach us, our office is open from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, eastern time, at 1 800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463 (Ottawa-Gatineau and outside of Canada) or by email at CONSTPubSales-Ventes@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca.
Will the delivery of the Codes be faster if I order them through the NRC Virtual Store?
Answer to question 2:
No. All orders are processed in the order they are submitted. Codes are usually delivered within 2 weeks. However, if they are out of stock, it could take 4-6 weeks for delivery.
The National Building Code is sold in two volumes. Can I purchase only Volume 1?
Answer to question 3:
No, the volumes are not sold separately. The reason is that both volumes are required to understand and use the Codes’ requirements. Please note that the distribution of code material in each volume is different than in the previous editions The NBC 2015 has been re-organized to consolidate relevant information. Each Part now contains the Prescriptive Requirements, followed by the related (appendix) Notes. Parts 1 to 8 are found in Volume 1 and Part 9 now forms Volume 2
Can I get a discount if I purchase more than one Code?
Answer to question 4:
There are several discounts available, however discounts cannot be combined. Please note: The discounts below cannot be applied on any of the 3 and 4 2015 Code Bundles, as these bundles are already discounted 20%. Only One (1) discount from the list below can be applied to an order. The highest discount will be applied.
- Discount for Print and Electronic Bundle (one Electronic copy + one paper copy of the same title):
- 2015 CODES: 20% discount on 2015 National Codes 1 year single-user subscription and downloadable PDF only. Paper copies can be either binder or soft cover. Does not apply to Concurrent User electronic subscriptions.
- 2010 CODES: 15% discount on National and Provincial Codes prior to 2015 for 1 or 5 year single-user subscription and downloadable PDF only. Paper copies can be either binder or soft cover. Does not apply to Concurrent User electronic subscriptions.
- Bulk orders discount: 10% discount on minimum order of 10 copies of same printed document (same title and format).
- Student Discounts: 15% discount on any 2 month and 4 month single user online subscription, when proof of student ID is provided to Pub Sales. A scanned copy sent by fax or email is sufficient.
- Educational bookstore discount: 25% discount on minimum order of 10 printed documents. The client must have an existing educational bookstores account created with NRC to be eligible. In order to be eligible for the discount, the bookstore must be located on campus. To apply, please send a request to CONSTPubSales-Ventes@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
- Concurrent Users discount: The volume discounts apply to subscriptions for concurrent users and is based on number of users who purchase the same title.
5- 9 Users = 20% 25 – 49 Users = 40%
10 – 24 Users = 30% 50+ Users = 50%
The Codes are available in printed formats. Can they also be viewed online on the Web?
Answer to question 5:
Codes Canada publications are available as online access subscriptions and downloadable, offline access documents (single user only). There are several types of subscription available depending on the edition. The online subscriptions are offered for single and concurrent users. Visit the NRC Virtual Store for more information.
Are User's Guides available? If not, when will they be available?
Answer to question 6:
Two new User's Guides will be available in 2017. The User's Guide – NBC 2015, Structural Commentaries (Part 4 of Division B) and the Illustrated User’s Guide – NBC 2015 Part 9 Housing and Small Buildings. A third guide, the User’s Guide – National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2015 is expected to be released in 2018.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: