Request a code change
The National Model Construction Codes improve with each edition thanks to the contributions of inspectors, designers, suppliers, contractors, researchers, instructors, and others. Every change request is reviewed by a CCBFC standing committee.
- accommodate new construction techniques and systems
- clarify requirements
- update references to standards
- propose expansion of scope or objective.
Do you have a suggestion to improve one of the Codes? If so, please read the detailed guidelines and, for each change request, submit a separate Code Change Request using the on-line form provided.
Your change request will be considered for the 2020 editions of the Codes and should include:
- the existing Code requirement, if applicable
- the reasons for the change or addition
- your proposed revision or new requirement
- supporting documentation, including cost/benefit data
- the enforcement implications, and
- the related Code objectives.
Read the detailed guidelines.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: