Analytical chemistry services
Technical service highlights
We support Canadian companies by offering an array of analytical expertise and instrumentation centered on bioresouce development. Our customized solutions can help you develop new products, exploit new biomass or add value from biomass wastes, ensure product quality and differentiate your bioresource-based products in the marketplace.
What we offer
We provide customized analytical solutions for identification, quantification, screening and profiling of small molecules and macromolecules in a variety of sample matrices including plant, insect, animal and human tissues, as well as fermentation media. Areas of expertise include the determination of biomarkers and metabolite pathways, natural health product and functional food development, other bioproduct development, and screening for environmental contaminants. We also provide support for quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) method development and validation.
Specific areas of expertise
- Plant hormone profiling and plant metabolites identification and quantification
- Identification and characterization of bioactive compounds from marine and terrestrial organisms
- Proteomics: protein identification and profiling, peptide sequencing
- Lipidomics: plant lipid detection and profiling
- Stable isotope analysis
- Surface plasmon resonance applications
- Chemical composition of agricultural, forestry, and food residues
- Value-added component analysis from biomass
- Physical and chemical characterization of natural and synthetic polymers
- Fibre characterization (e.g. shape, strength, distribution, entanglement, softness, cohesion, etc.)
- QA/QC method development and validation for specific components and known or unknown contaminates
- Quality assurance and quality control (ingredients and finished products)
- Screening and profiling for environmental contaminants
Why work with us
We help partners by providing customized solutions to meet their analytical needs in bioresource development in Canada. NRC mobilizes technical experts and expertise and utilizes advanced analytical capabilities across the country to serve our clients.
We offer specialized services at competitive rates, which include the support of scientific and technical experts and full range of analytical capabilities. We also offer the opportunity for collaboration and/or for our partners to co-locate with us. Contact us to take advantage of our Canada-wide networking, research and development, as well as business development opportunities.
Do you need characterization and analysis of bio-resource samples to add value to existing products or to support your new development efforts? If so, contact us:
Agriculture, aquaculture, bioresources, food and feeds, fishery, human and animal health, consumer goods
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: