Antibody generation and prioritization
Monoclonal antibodies are enabling the targeted, personalized treatment of cancer, inflammatory diseases, infectious diseases, and diseases of the central nervous system. The field of antibody therapeutics is evolving from monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), well established on the market, toward single domain antibodies (sdAbs), bi- and multi-specific antibodies, antibody fragments, and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs).
One of the biggest challenges in developing and commercializing therapeutic antibodies is their rapid prioritization and optimization. Our collaborators are able to meet these challenges head on by accessing NRC's state-of-the-art antibody expertise. We can reduce the amount of time needed for candidate selection and optimization and increase your chances of success in clinical development phases.
Building on over 10 years of expertise developed through the Genomics and Health Initiative (GHI), NRC's Human Health Therapeutics (HHT) Research Centre offers our clients key capabilities for discovering, generating and prioritizing antibodies:
- Target prioritization and biomarker identification using bioinformatics, proteomics, systems biology and proprietary algorithms
- 3000 proprietary antibody candidates targeting 40 cancer genes that are available for co-development or licensing
- Streamlined antibody generation methods that yield both traditional and single domain antibodies
- Humanization, design and engineering to optimize various structural classes of antibodies
- Molecular modeling to improve affinity for target antigens and other properties
- High-throughput assays for ranking antibody functionality and manufacturability
Efficacy and safety of therapeutic antibody candidates can be validated through our functional characterization and Analytics expertise, and at our Preclinical in vivo facility. Production of antibodies is also offered through HHT's Microbial Fermentation Pilot Plant and Cell Culture Pilot Plant, whose biomanufacturing expertise can be deployed to develop and optimize production processes.
"Tapping into NRC's antibody expertise has enabled Formation Biologics to accelerate its evolution to a full-fledged biopharmaceutical firm."
Ilia Tikhomirov, President of Formation Biologics
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: