Alberta Building Code 2014
Notice of Service Interruption
Codes-Guides Online Library will be offline for planned maintenance from Friday, September 21, 5 pm EDT to
Monday, September 24, 2018, 9 am EDT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. (2018-09-18)
New: Now also available from eVantage in eBook format. To order, visit the eVantage on-line store.
Place an order
Codes Canada publications are available in printed and electronic formats. Printing of electronic formats is limited or disabled depending on the Code edition and subscription type. See the Features page for details.
You can place your order on-line by selecting your products through the NRC Virtual Store or by sending a completed order form (PDF, 500kb) by fax, e-mail or regular mail to Codes Canada Publication Sales.
Please note: Do not submit your order more than once. If you are unsure of your order’s status, please call Codes Canada Publication Sales to confirm it. Please submit your order only once either by fax, by mail, by e-mail or through the Virtual Store.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm eastern time, Monday to Friday.
The Alberta Building Code 2014 (ABC) sets out technical provisions for the design and construction of new buildings. It also applies to the alteration, change of use and demolition of existing buildings. The ABC complements the Alberta Fire Code 2014, and both are indispensable for building officials, educators and professionals in the construction industry.
New information has been added to the ABC 2014 to make it more accommodating to innovation, including:
- A new occupancy classification known as “B3” to address the demand for a more flexible range of care accommodation for an aging population. The B3 provides safe and affordable housing options for seniors and persons with disabilities
- New provisions to allow for the construction and fire protection during construction of six-storey wood buildings based entirely on the upcoming 2015 National Model Construction Codes
- New building requirements to protect against radon gas
- Energy efficiency requirements for housing and small buildings under Section 9.36 of the Alberta Building Code.
Table of Contents
- Binder $340.00 CAD
- Downloadable, offline access PDF file $340.00 CAD. This file is locked to an individual computer and cannot be transferred. It cannot be installed on a network drive.
- Single user, online access subscription (10 days $60.00 CAD, 1 year $210.00 CAD, 5 years $675.00 CAD) allows users to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet.
- Concurrent user, online access subscription (Email: CONSTPubSales-Ventes@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca for a quote) allows a number of users on the same network to access Code documents simultaneously, available only to organizations.
For other enquiries
For questions about Code content, licensing, sales, or technical support, please Contact Codes Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: