Alberta Fire Code 2006
To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
New: Now also available from eVantage in eBook format. To order, visit the eVantage on-line store.
Place an order
On February 28, 2019, the Government of Canada confirmed funding that will support ongoing and future building code development work. This is good news that will allow NRC to continue to support the building code development system and to provide free access to the national model codes. Starting in spring 2019, NRC will offer free online access to the National Building Code, the National Fire Code, the National Plumbing Code, and the National Energy Code for Buildings, as well as the provincial codes published by NRC. Paper copies of the Codes, along with other supporting documents including the Guides, will be offered at a reduced cost. Due to these changes, longer term subscriptions are not currently available. Please touch base with us again in April for an update and more information.
Codes Canada publications are available in printed and electronic formats. Printing of electronic formats is limited or disabled depending on the Code edition and subscription type. See the Features page for details.
You can place your order on-line by selecting your products through the NRC Virtual Store or by sending a completed order form (PDF, 500kb) by fax, e-mail or regular mail to Codes Canada Publication Sales.
Please note: Do not submit your order more than once. If you are unsure of your order’s status, please call Codes Canada Publication Sales to confirm it. Please submit your order only once either by fax, by mail, by e-mail or through the Virtual Store.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm eastern time, Monday to Friday.
The Alberta Fire Code 2006 (AFC) sets out the technical provisions regulating:
- activities related to the construction, use or demolition of buildings and facilities
- the condition of specific elements of buildings and facilities
- the design or construction of specific elements of facilities related to certain hazards
- protection measures for the current or intended use of buildings.
The AFC 2006 complements the Alberta Building Code 2006, and both must be considered when constructing, renovating or maintaining buildings.
New information has been added to the AFC 2006 to make it clearer, easier to apply to existing buildings, and more accommodating to innovation. It explains the objectives that the Code's provisions are intended to achieve and describes the functions that a building or facility must perform to fulfill these objectives.
Application and intent statements are not available for this code.
- Binder $145.00 CAD
- Downloadable, offline access PDF file $170.00 CAD. This Code is locked to an individual computer and cannot be transferred.
- Single user, online access subscription (10 days $17.00 CAD, 1 year $60.00 CAD, 5 years $200.00 CAD) allows users to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet.
- Concurrent user, online access subscription (Email: CONSTPubSales-Ventes@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca for a quote) allows a number of users on the same network to access Code documents simultaneously, available only to organizations.
Printing is disabled for all electronic formats of this Code.
For other enquiries
For questions about Code content, licensing, sales, technical support, to obtain an accessible copy of the guide, or other accommodations, please Contact Codes Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: