Mandate and role
For nearly 70 years, the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) has been stimulating wealth creation for Canada through technological innovation. This is largely accomplished by providing technology assistance to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), at all stages of the innovation process, to build their innovation capacity and successfully take their ideas to market. NRC IRAP helps SMEs identify and understand technology issues and opportunities and provides linkages to the best business and R&D expertise in Canada.
- Stimulate wealth creation for Canada through innovation.
- Accelerate the growth of small and medium-sized enterprises by providing them with a comprehensive suite of innovation services and funding.
- Be the most impactful program of its kind in the world, where Canadian firms go first to transform their ideas into commercial success.
- Provide value-added front line service to clients.
- Respect and invest in the value of people.
- Build and contribute to partnerships.
- Maintain and enhance technical credibility.
- Ensure accountability for quality service and effective use of resources.
Our program goals
- Support small and medium-sized enterprise innovation.
- Strengthen technology-based communities.
- Increase our client reach.
Our strategic objectives
- Provide support to small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada in the development and commercialization of technologies.
- Collaborate in initiatives within regional and national organizations that support the development and commercialization of technologies by small and medium-sized enterprises.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: