Instructions to apply online
Sections of the application form
Complete all sections as the application form will be the basis for computerized retrieval. Incomplete applications cannot be considered further.
Here are some suggestions on what to include in your résumé:
- Details of education.
- Complete details of your work experience or research experience including part-time experience as a research or teaching assistant. For example, the dates (year/months) - institution - job title - subject - supervisor.
- Publications: theses by degree and all publications (refereed publications, in-press and submitted; reports; review of articles). Indicate main author, others, title, year, journal and page references.
- Conferences at which you presented your work; please specify if the presentation was refereed.
- Patents: title, patent number, date, country.
- Honours and awards (title and dollar value).
Letters of recommendation
Please attach two letters of recommendation to your online application. It is your responsibility to inform the referees that, under the Canadian Privacy Act, all information, assessments, etc. provided to the National Research Council of Canada in connection with this application may be accessed by yourself provided you are a resident of Canada. These letters should address your strengths and weaknesses as well as the challenges you encountered in carrying out your research.
Failure to do so will result in your application being excluded from searches.
The employment equity section is voluntary. However, as an employer who values equity and diversity, we encourage candidates to self-identify.
Steps for applying
In order to activate your application, the following documents are required and must be attached:
- Two letters of recommendation. (Note: An original signed letter may be requested.)
- Most recent transcript (Academic Record / Grades). Please note that unofficial transcripts are acceptable; however if you are offered a position, you may be required to provide an official transcript.
- Your application will remain active in our database until March 31. Please reapply starting in April should you wish to be considered for the following year.
- Please note that once your graduation date exceeds the five years eligibility limit (which may be within the next year), you will no longer be eligible for the Program and therefore your application will become inactive.
- An incomplete or incorrect application may affect your status as an applicant.
We thank all those who apply; please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: