Instructions for an NRC application form
Sections of the application form
Complete all sections as the application form will be the basis for computerized retrieval. Incomplete applications cannot be considered further.
Who can apply
Anyone who meets the screening criteria indicated on the job posting.
Before you start, you should collect the data you will need. In particular for the Education / Experience and the Résumé sections.
Education and experience
Have a close look at NRC's list of fields. You can select a field for your education and experience in the application form or enter it directly on the form.
You should be prepared to attach your résumé into the online application form in one of the following formats:
- Microsoft Word
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- ASCII text
If your Browser does not support file attachment, paste your résumé in the appropriate box. The preference would be that you attach your résumé in one of the previously mentioned formats.
Here are some suggestions on what to include in your résumé:
- Details of education.
- Complete details of your experience or research experience: complete details of your experience including part-time experience as a research or teaching assistant, i.e. dates (year/months) - institution - job title - subject - supervisor.
- Publications: theses by degree and all publications (refereed publications, in-press and submitted; reports; review of articles). Indicate main author, others, title, year, journal and page references.
- Conferences: to which you made a presentation, specifying if the presentation was refereed.
- Patents: title, patent number, date, country.
- Honours and awards (title and dollar value).
The employment equity section is voluntary. However, as an employer who values equity and diversity, we encourage candidates to self-identify.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: