Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Participates as a team member
- Assumes personal responsibilities and follows up on commitments.
- Seeks others' input and involvement and listens to their viewpoints.
- Recognizes the validity of others' viewpoints and the value of different approaches.
- Deals honestly and fairly with others, showing consideration and respect.
- Actively participates to ensure an efficient and productive team.
- Recognizes when a compromise is required for the greater good of the team.
- Empathizes with others and takes positive action when required.
- Looks for opportunities to work with other groups or organizational areas.
- Initiates collaboration on projects or methods of operating.
- Communicates the importance of teamwork and goals.
- Shares (seeks out and provides) information and expertise with other team members.
- Discusses problems/issues with team members that could impact on results and seeks solutions.
- Gives credit and acknowledges contributions and efforts of individuals to team effectiveness.
Demonstrates leadership in teams
- Provides coaching/mentoring, guidance and direction to other team members.
- Considers team members' interests and strengths when discussing work plans and establishing tasks.
- Considers and acts upon issues in a timely manner.
- Encourages members of a group to contribute to team goals.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: