Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Participates as a team member
- Assumes personal responsibilities and follows up on commitments.
- Seeks others' input and involvement and listens to their viewpoints.
- Recognizes the validity of others' viewpoints and the value of different approaches.
- Deals honestly and fairly with others, showing consideration and respect.
- Actively participates to ensure an efficient and productive team.
- Recognizes when a compromise is required for the greater good of the team.
- Alerts other team members when a problem or issue arises.
- Demonstrates willingness to volunteer and take on more responsibility.
- Encourages members of a group to contribute to team goals.
- Continually shares new ideas and problem solves with the wider team (i.e. across organizational units).
- Shares (seeks out and provides) information and expertise with other team members.
- Gives credit and acknowledges contributions and efforts of individuals to team effectiveness.
- Makes others feel comfortable to seek advice and input.
- Reinforces the common goals to the team.
Demonstrates leadership in teams
- Provides coaching/mentoring, guidance and direction to other team members.
- Considers team members' interests and strengths when discussing work plans and establishing tasks.
- Builds links between team members.
- Communicates expectations for teamwork.
- Creates an atmosphere of open communication and teamwork.
- Monitors for potential conflict among team members to ensure effectiveness of communication.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: