Developing others by providing a supportive growth environment and by coaching and mentoring.
Shares expertise with others
- Regularly shares expertise with team members to support continuous learning and improvement.
- Advises, guides and coaches others by discussing how to handle anticipated or real concerns and by sharing experiences.
Supports individual development
- Creates a supportive environment for team members to be self-directed and responsible for own assessment and learning.
- Effectively works with employees and teams to define realistic yet challenging work goals.
- Provides performance feedback and support, reinforcing strengths and identifying areas of improvement.
- Encourages staff to develop and apply their skills.
- Effectively promotes an environment for team members to learn from each other and their experiences.
- Engages in development and career planning discussions with employees.
- Recommends and/or provides coaching, assignments, training, and other development opportunities to encourage high performance among staff.
- Encourages team members to develop learning and career plans and follows-up to guide development and measure progress.
Empowers others to self-develop
- Ensures that resources and time are available in order to undertake development activities.
- Provides supportive tools and opportunities for development.
- Ensures that all employees have equitable access to development opportunities.
- Effectively plans for human resource expertise to ensure full complement of capability on team.
- Institutes organization-wide mechanisms and processes to promote and support continuous learning and improvement.
Creates a continuous learning environment
- Creates an environment within area of responsibility that fosters and values ongoing learning.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: