Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Participates as a team member
- Assumes personal responsibilities and follows up on commitments.
- Promotes team goals.
- Seeks others' input and involvement and listens to their viewpoints.
- Deals honestly and fairly with others, showing consideration and respect.
- Coordinates own work with that of others.
- Recognizes when compromise is required for the greater good of the team.
- Empathizes with others and takes positive action when required.
- Looks for opportunities to work with other groups or organizational areas.
- Initiates collaboration on projects or methods of operating.
- Discusses problems / issues with team members that could impact on results.
- Creates opportunities for people to get to know each other on a personal level.
- Communicates expectations for teamwork and collaboration to the team.
- Uses appropriate strategies to deal with difficult people.
Demonstrates leadership in teams
- Recommends team structures, roles, accountabilities and authorities for maximum effectiveness, taking into account members' skills, interests and concerns.
- Demonstrates flexibility in team leadership style and decision-making strategies to deal effectively with different situations.
- Leads efforts to resolve team problems.
- Takes personal responsibility for ensuring problems are resolved.
- Suggests methods and means for maximizing the input and involvement of team members.
- Recognizes work capacity limitations in others (i.e. team members, organizational units) and takes steps to clarify or modify priorities, reduce or off load work, introduce time saving efficiencies.
- Leads and guides people through prolonged periods of change.
Creates and fosters a culture of teamwork
- Promotes a culture and environment that fosters highly effective teams.
- Coaches or advises team members on how to resolve differences or deal with conflicts to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Encourages, coaches and recognizes team members for behaviours that contribute to or promote effective teamwork.
- Models behaviours that maximize group participation by consulting, listening and communicating.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: