Focusing efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the NRC vision.
Stays focused on results
- Engages in dialogue with colleagues and managers to understand the strategic direction of the research centre and NRC.
- Aligns personal work activities with the strategic direction of the research centre and NRC.
- Finds ways to meet administrative requirements of the job without losing focus on research projects.
- Stays focussed on goals and achieves results despite obstacles and disruptions.
- Explores the accepted boundaries of risk for the organization.
Seeks to improve personal performance
- Undertakes projects related to different aspects of NRC's vision.
- Strives, directly or through others, to see new knowledge incorporated into a useful product, process or service.
- Changes priorities when appropriate.
- Knows when it is time to terminate a research project to produce results even though more research may be worthwhile.
- Assesses and operates within the acceptable boundaries of risk to the organization.
- Looks for innovative ways to improve personal efficiency, and save resources.
- Plans for contingencies to deal with unexpected events or setbacks.
- Regularly evaluates own work performance for ways to improve.
- Seeks feedback from others on ways to improve.
Seeks to improve organizational performance
- Regularly evaluates work processes, services, deliverables or programs.
- Challenges inefficient/ ineffective work processes and offers constructive alternatives.
- Seeks to expand the boundaries of acceptable risk to the organization.
- Solicits and/or provides information that could affect the planning, programs and decision making for the organization.
- Recommends or determines strategic or long term direction for the organization.
- Establishes effective methods for assigning, managing and tracking work.
Sets and models behavioural performance standards
- Scans, seeks out and assesses information on potential future directions in line with the vision for NRC.
- Approaches research from a global perspective with world class standards as the benchmark for quality in NRC.
- Serves as a model for the standards of research excellence expected.
- Determines or recommends strategic directions to enhance innovation and influence social and economic benefits for Canada.
- Encourages the recognition of individuals, teams and groups who are examples of excellence for the organization.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: