Treating people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment and productivity.
Demonstrates respect and fairness through individual actions
- Demonstrates actions and decisions that show consistency and fairness.
- Solicits individuals' opinions and viewpoints and takes an interest in their work.
- Recognizes people's diverse needs and perspectives (e.g. language differences, cultural differences, disabilities and personal family circumstances).
- Recognizes individuals' achievements, knowledge and capabilities.
- Listens to people's needs.
- Monitors the work environment, successfully identifies underlying issues that impact negatively on people and takes appropriate action.
Models and promotes a culture of respect, fairness and trust
- Effectively promotes a respectful and positive work environment where individuals and groups are recognized for their contributions and diversity of opinions.
- Coaches/advises others (e.g. dealing with ethical dilemmas, displaying sensitivity to diversity and diverse needs in all dealings and relationships, and in maintaining fairness, consistency and equity).
- Challenges current organizational behaviours and methods of operating, if required, to encourage and promote fairness, equity, trust and respect.
Sets the standard
- Sets direction in terms of ethical standards and values for the organization.
- Effectively promotes an environment of fairness, equity, consistency and trust in all dealings and relationships, internal and external to NRC.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: