Cultivating a network of contacts as sources of information, advice and support.
Accesses known sources of information
- Accesses existing networks to remain current with trends and developments.
- Seeks opportunities to exchange knowledge, by actively participating in meetings, committees, etc.
- Seeks out the expertise of others and develops relationships with them.
Builds personal contacts and networks
- Nurtures and develops key contacts (colleagues, team members, industry contacts, etc.) to access needed information.
- Seeks out opportunities to make presentations, participate on committees, etc. to increase the group's exposure within relevant business areas.
- Uses networks to understand the general direction of their field of work.
- Makes effective contributions to networks.
- Creates and facilitates forums for developing new alliances and formal or informal networks.
- Promotes successes, creating an awareness of the strengths of people and best practices.
- Uses networks to promote and create opportunities for NRC.
- Encourages others to build networks and provides opportunities for them to do so.
- Brings informal teams of internal/external stakeholders together to address issues/needs.
- Develops and nurtures strategic alliances, identifying opportunities within and outside Canada.
- Uses information acquired through networking to influence the NRC strategic direction.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: