Conceptual and analytical ability
Understanding, analyzing, synthesizing and relating complex information and abstract variables; drawing logical conclusions and/or providing reasonable and creative alternatives.
Analyzes and synthesizes information
- Breaks down concrete problems into parts and organizes information in a concise manner.
- Gathers input from appropriate players.
- Identifies the links between the information and the context.
- Uses common sense, past experience and basic rules to identify key underlying issues and to problem-solve.
- Considers relevant facts and alternatives when making decisions.
- Is open to new ideas.
Applies broad analysis to reach conclusions
- Analyzes complex problems and breaks down problems into logical parts.
- Sees connections, patterns or trends in the information available.
- Identifies the potential impact that trends or events may have on services, products or clients.
- Draws logical conclusions and/or provides creative options and recommendations.
Manages multiple complex relationships
- Simultaneously deals with multiple complex issues and abstract relationships.
- Recognizes and assesses several likely causal factors or ways of interpreting the available information.
- Thinks several steps ahead and cross-functionally in deciding on best course of action (anticipates likely outcomes).
- Clearly and concisely explains complex issues and relationships.
- Draws on experience and knowledge to assess and analyze facts and available information to come to quick and appropriate decisions.
- Develops innovative/creative solutions to complex problems and issues.
- Identifies problems and situations not obvious to others and not learned from previous education or experience.
Whole Systems Thinking
- Determines strategy and approaches based on a whole systems perspective.
- Sees multiple relationships and missing factors/gaps in systems or processes, and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Thinks beyond the organization and balances multiple perspectives when setting direction or reaching conclusions.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: