Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
May 22, 2003— Ottawa, Ontario
100 Sussex Drive "Temple of Science"
The Council Chambers (Room 1147) is the original meeting room for the Governing Council (NRC's board of directors).
Panelled in pine and painted, the Board Room is Georgian in style, with a richly carved chimney-piece surmounted by the Canadian Coat of Arms. The table and chairs are all original. In the 1970s, the walls were refinished to what is believed to be the original colour. The ceiling in the room and in the anteroom are intricately designed. The door at the back of the Council Chamber originally led to the offices of Directors. The fireplace was functional at one time, but has been sealed off and not been used in many years.