ITEA 3 Project Outline Days in Stockholm - September 3-7, 2018
Request for expressions of interest
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) is pleased to invite Canadian SMEs, universities, large firms, relevant not-for-profit organizations and industry associations, and NRC research programs to submit an expression of interest to join ITEA 3 Project Outline (PO) Days mission to Stockholm, Sweden, which will take place from September 3-7, 2018. This mission will include ITEA 3 PO Days (September 4-5), a special Canada-Sweden-Finland partnering event, and site visits with Swedish companies and universities.
1. Mission goals
To engage Canadian participants in strategic ITEA cluster projects which offer preferred access to the cluster's anchor MNEs and Global Value Chain at the needs-driven solution development phase, positioning participants for commercialization success.
2. Sectors of focus
Software intensive systems and services in Smart Communities with targeted focuses on:
- Workplace and Design Process
- Production Chain Management
- Learning Market
- Command & Control Rooms
3. Canadian SME delegate profile
To participate in the mission and be eligible for financial support, interested Canadian SMEs should:
- be a minimum of 20 employees, $2M in revenue
- be a company committed to aggressive growth and global market expansion
- have sufficient working capital and resources to undertake a 3-year R&D collaboration and commercialize the results
- be a company with business activities diverse enough that ITEA project participation should not demand more than 25% of the firm's overall business activity
4. About ITEA
ITEA is the cluster program supporting innovative, industry-driven, pre-competitive R&D projects in the area of Software-intensive Systems & Services, under EUREKA Network. ITEA stimulates projects in an open community of large industrial players, SMEs, universities, research institutes and user organizations. The ITEA Board includes global industrial leaders such as Airbus, Barco, Bosch, Bull, Daimler, Ericsson, Indra, Nokia, Philips, Siemens, Thales, etc., and world renowned Fraunhofer Institute.
5. Mission description
The annual ITEA PO Days event is in conjunction with the 5th ITEA 3 Call for Project Proposals. More than 300 organizations from 41 member countries will attend the event.
In short, ITEA 3 PO Days 2018 will enable firms to:
- Present project idea(s) and/or learn about other project ideas in a poster session and during parallel project idea pitch sessions
- Discuss and work on project ideas in workgroup sessions
- Meet companies and potential partners from all over Europe and beyond
- Learn from presented ITEA best practices and see how the ITEA Office supports during the full project lifetime
- Celebrate ITEA's 20th anniversary!
In addition to full participation in the ITEA 3 PO Days events, Canadian participants will take part in a special one day workshop, organized by the NRC International Innovation Office in collaboration with the Trade Commissioner Service and Canadian Embassy. The Canadian program will also include B2B meetings and site visits. A networking reception for the Canadian companies will also be organized by the Trade Commissioner Service.
6. How to apply for participation
If you are interested in participating in the ITEA 3 PO Days in Stockholm, Sweden, please contact IRAP.International.PARI@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca by email as soon as possible to request an application form.The deadline to submit the completed application form to NRC IRAP is August 3, 2018.
7. Financial support for participants
SMEs that have applied and are selected for participation will be invited to apply for up to $3,000 reimbursement of travel and accommodations costs associated with the mission. Selected participants will be sent instructions and information about this support. Non-SME applicants will be required to self-finance their participation.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: