Canadian Wastewater & Soil Remediation Technology Mission to China – September 11-21, 2018
Request for expression of interest
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP), in collaboration with Global Affairs Canada (Canadian Embassy in Beijing and Consulates General in Guangzhou and Shanghai), are pleased to accept applications from Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) for a Wastewater & Soil Remediation Technology Mission to China (Beijing, Guangdong and Nanjing) from September 11-21, 2018. This will be the third wastewater/environmental technology mission to China, following two very successful missions that resulted in numerous firms achieving commercial deals or developing potential pilot projects in China.
To help Canadian water technology and soil remediation SMEs develop technology partnerships (piloting, field testing, technology adaptation, or co-development) with Chinese companies, with the end goal being the commercialization of Canadian technologies in the fast growing China wastewater treatment market.
Canadian delegate profile
- Capacity and interest to co-develop technology with Chinese partners
- Committed to aggressive growth and global market expansion
- Sufficient working capital to undertake a multi-year R&D collaboration and commercialize the results
- Experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets
China’s breakneck economic growth in the past 30 years has caused severe damage to its water environment, and the situation is reaching crisis level. The Chinese government is taking drastic measures and announced the Water Ten Plan in 2015, which features enhanced monitoring and enforcement of wastewater discharge regulations, massive investment in wastewater treatment and waterbody remediation. It is estimated the Water Ten Plan will boost the industry by USD300bn by 2020. Capital expenditures by industrial companies on water and wastewater equipment will increase 25% (2015-2020) and reach USD6.8bn by 2020.
China faces complex problems in industrial wastewater and needs advanced treatment technologies to tackle waters with high salt, recalcitrant organics and heavy metals. The market is highly fragmented and presents a window of opportunity to Canadian wastewater firms.
Areas of technology focus for the mission include
- Wastewater treatment technologies with priority on industrial wastewater treatment technologies
- Desalination/ZLD technologies with low energy consumption and service reliability;
- Advanced oxidation technologies (AOP) for recalcitrant COD/TOC;
- Advanced biological treatment technologies (for COD);
- Heavy metal removal/recovery (at trace level). Associated with electroplating/metal treatment and mining WW verticals;
- On-line monitoring and analysis (sensors), rapid analytical test kits and process control technologies.
- Soil remediation technologies that are unique, economical.
How to apply for participation
If you are interested in participating we kindly request that you contact Zbigniew Twardowski and Qing Yu by email as soon as possible to request an application form.
The deadline to submit the completed application form is July 31, 2018.
Financial support for participants
SMEs that have applied and are selected for participation will be invited to apply for up to $3,000 reimbursement of travel and accommodations costs associated with the mission. Selected participants will be sent instructions and information about this support. Non-SME applicants will be required to self-finance their participation.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: