Canadian Agri-food Mission to the Netherlands – October 1-5, 2018
Request for expression of interest
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP), in collaboration with Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland (RVO) are pleased to accept applications from Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) for the Canadian Agri-food Mission to the Netherlands from October 1-5, 2018.
The objectives of the mission are to develop international linkages that will lead to future collaborative R&D projects by:
- meeting potential R&D and commercial partners in research centre and company visits;
- participating in interactive conference sessions with international participants on the latest agri-food technologies; and
- providing an understanding of the EUREKA Eurostars program to support international collaborative R&D projects.
Sector of focus
- Indoor farming
- Food processing and packaging, with a special focus on protein
- Enabling technologies (i.e. AI, blockchain, and robotics)
Canadian delegate profile
- Capacity and interest to co-develop technology with partners in the Netherlands
- Committed to aggressive growth and global market expansion
- Sufficient working capital to undertake a multi-year R&D collaboration and commercialize the results
- Experience in commercializing technology for domestic or international markets
The Canada-Netherlands bilateral relationship is dynamic and forward-looking. Canada benefits from important mutual commercial and foreign policy interests and we share values of open and liberal democracy:
- The Netherlands is the sixth-largest importer and the second-largest agri-food and seafood exporter in the world.
- The Netherlands is one of Canada's top three export destinations within the European Union (EU) for agri-food products.
- The Netherlands Food Valley region, centred at Wageningen University and Research Center, is currently ranked the number 1 agricultural university in the world.
- Holland is one of the world's leading developers and manufacturers of food processing machinery.
The Canadian Agri-Food Mission to the Netherlands will take place in conjunction with the Innovation Expo 2018: International Eurostars Conference being held in Rotterdam on October 4, 2018. The conference will focus on international innovation cooperation and on the support and funding opportunities offered by the Eurostars program.
EUREKA Eurostars supports the development of rapidly marketable innovative products, processes and services that help improve the daily lives of people around the world. It is an ideal first step in international cooperation, enabling small businesses to combine and share expertise and benefit from working beyond national borders.
Preliminary (draft) mission agenda
- October 1: Arrival and welcome dinner
- October 2-3: Site visits and meetings (to be confirmed)
- Wageningen University: Expertise includes food packaging, digitalization
- TNO – Netherlands Organisatin for Applied Scientific Research: Expertise includes blockchain in agrifood, personalized nutrition
- Green Protein Alliance: Cluster of organizations working to increase plant-based protein
- MNEs and SMEs
- October 4: Innovation Expo 2018 - International Eurostars conference: exhibition, presentations and B2B matchmaking
- October 5: Departure or continued participation at the Innovation Expo.
How to apply for participation
Financial support for participants
SMEs that have applied and are selected for participation will be invited to apply for up to $3,000 reimbursement of travel and accommodations costs associated with the mission. Selected participants will be sent instructions and information about this support. Non-SME applicants will be required to self-finance their participation.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: