Canada-Guangdong province (China) collaborative industrial R&D partnership - request for proposals 2016
The National Research Council Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) and the Guangdong Department of Science and Technology (GDST) are pleased to announce a new Canadian and Chinese collaborative program aiming to promote and fund innovation-driven research and technology development activities.
This request for proposals is open to Canadian small and medium-sized and Chinese enterprises who wish to perform joint R&D leading to technology commercialization.
Sectors of focus
- Clean technologies
- Life sciences
- Smart manufacturing
- Advanced materials
- Water technologies
Launch date: June 1, 2016
Deadline to register: June 30, 2016
Application deadline: July 29, 2016
Funding to foster innovation and technology commercialization will be made available for qualified Canadian and Chinese participants. Canadian companies may be eligible for up to $600,000 per project and Chinese firms for up to RMB 1.0 million. The maximum project duration is 3 years.
Canadian application process
- Canadian firms are requested to contact their NRC-IRAP Industrial Technology Advisor (ITA) regarding industrial R&D partnering with a company in Guangdong, China. If not already an existing NRC-IRAP client, please contact the NRC-IRAP office in your region.
- RFP forms, common guidelines and other mandatory documents can be requested from email@example.com. The documents will be sent via email.
- Canadian firms must register no later than June 30, 2016 by submitting a company profile to their NRC-IRAP Industrial Technology Advisors.
- The completed joint Canada-China application form must be submitted electronically to the NRC-IRAP Industrial Technology Advisors before the application deadline, July 29, 2016.
- The application must reflect a combined effort from both the Canadian firm and the Chinese firm.
- Small and medium-sized incorporated and profit oriented companies registered in Canada with 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees are eligible.
- Companies must be ready to collaborate with Chinese partners on an industrial R&D project.
- Preference will be given to companies that intend to grow and generate profits through the development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven, new or improved products, services, or processes.
Canadian industry may receive up to 50% of their part of eligible project costs through NRC-IRAP funding.
NRC's Industrial Technology Advisors and Global Affairs Canada's Trade Commissioners can help identify a Chinese partner and answer questions about collaboration opportunities.
Chinese application process
The Chinese application process and eligibility criteria are available on the Guangdong Provincial Department of Science & Technology website (in Chinese only).
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Launch – June 1, 2016
- Registration – June 1- 30, 2016
- Application review in China and Canada – fall, 2016
- Project Evaluation Committee review in China
- NRC-IRAP review in Canada
- Joint review between China and Canada
- Announcement of results and project approval – fall, 2016
- Final due diligence and approval
- Project start
- Project monitoring and release of funds – winter, 2016
- Monitoring, reporting, milestone review
- Release of funds based on results and milestones achieved
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: