Volume 21, Number 1
Codes Canada publications are continually evolving in order to remain responsive to current and emerging issues, new technologies, materials, construction practices, research, social policy, and the changing needs of Canadian society. The 2015 editions introduce almost 600 technical changes that make the provisions in the four model codes clearer and easier to apply, while introducing new concepts and expanding the codes to new areas.
Codes Canada is delighted to announce that a handbook explaining all of these changes is now available on NRC’s virtual store. Codes Canada has also produced a series of 13 Online Video Presentations, which will be available later this month, to help code users understand the new code provisions and their impacts! The presentations are designed to engage and inform stakeholders on the significant technical changes to the 2015 editions of the National Building Code (NBC), National Fire Code (NFC), National Plumbing Code (NPC) and the National Energy Code for Buildings (NECB). Each presentation provides a brief overview of Canada’s code development system and the roles and interaction with its stakeholders. Participants will gain a better understanding of how Codes Canada publications are developed and how participants can become involved in the process.
Watch one, some or all 13 presentations to learn directly from Codes Canada experts, become familiar with many of the new code features and discover how these changes will impact your work. The presentations are available through NRC’s virtual store at a cost of $25 each. Order the entire collection of 13 Codes Canada Video Presentations and save $75.
Presentation topics include:
- Hazardous Materials and Activities – National Fire Code (NFC 2015)
- Energy – National Energy Code for Buildings (NECB 2015)
- Accessibility – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 3
- Means of Egress – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 3
- Stairs – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 3 and Part 9
- Seismic Design – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 4
- Structural Design – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 4
- Windows and Curtain Walls – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 5
- Exterior Insulating and Finishing System (EIFS), Airborne Sound Transmission Class (ASTC), and Roofing – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 5 and Part 9
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Plumbing – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 6 and National Plumbing Code (NPC 2015)
- Envelope and Structure – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 9
- Fire Protection – National Building Code (NBC 2015) Part 3 and Appendix D
- Mid-rise Wood – National Building Code (NBC 2015) and National Fire Code (NFC 2015)
Codes Canada’s information products on the technical changes to the Codes include on-site seminars as well as customized workshops organized and publicized in partnership with regional and local associations.
These on-line and on-site products are a must for builders, codes officials, manufacturers, designers, architects, engineers, fire protection services and anyone with a general interest in construction and codes.
Get to know the 2015 editions of Codes Canada publications!
NRC Codes Seminars