Principles for Assisting Requesters
In processing requests made under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act, the staff of the National Research Council (NRC) will:
- Process all requests without regard to the identity of the requester.
- Offer reasonable assistance throughout the request process.
- Provide information on the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act, including information on the processing of requests and the requester's right to complain to the Information Commissioner of Canada or the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
- Inform requesters as appropriate and without undue delay when the request needs to be clarified.
- Make every reasonable effort to locate and retrieve the requested records under the control of NRC.
- Apply limited and specific exemptions to the requested records.
- Provide accurate and complete responses.
- Provide timely access to the requested information.
- Provide records in the format and official language requested, as appropriate.
- Provide an appropriate location within the NRC office for requesters who choose to examine the requested records.
- Date modified: