Test NRC’s new Personal Learning Environment
The National Research Council of Canada (NRC) is launching a limited, pre-release version of its next-generation Personal Learning Environment. This one-of-a-kind system is designed to address skills shortages and reduce training costs even in the most demanding fields, such as energy, healthcare and construction. This new Personal Learning Environment has been designed with a unique combination of NRC's expertise in deep analytics, data representation and human-computer interaction and aims to improve the personal learning experience by providing more insight into learning patterns.
Our unique end-to-end solution offers:
- a rich education marketplace where users can access a broad selection of learning materials provided by third party content and service providers;
- automated recognition of competencies, and analysis of workflow and job skills that develop customized training programs for specific roles;
- a personal learning record that manages a user's learning records and credentials over a lifetime, making it easier to identify qualified candidates and potential skills gaps; and
- a personal learning assistant that provides users contextual assistance and access to references and learning materials on demand from any location.
Within the pre-release version of Learning and Performance Support Systems (LPSS) you will be able to:
- set a personal learning goal;
- perform self-assessments;
- add resources that will automatically be harvested;
- browse and search resources;
- view resources, activities and calendar events; and
- bookmark resources.
Interested in experiencing a new approach to learning, ahead of the market?
Receive access details for a limited release trial. Trial accounts will allow users to test key elements of the new system through a well-defined use case and provide feedback to help influence further development of the platform.
Note that the pre-release platform is currently available in English only.
For more information please contact:
Christos Sarakinos, Client Relationship Leader
- Date modified: