Imaging, fluorescence and microscopy
Companies can turn to NRC for technical services to detect, isolate, sort, count and image cells and tissues using the following:
- Zeiss LSM 510 META confocal microscope for sub-cellular protein co-localization and 3D reconstruction analysis, 3-laser system (488 nm, 543 nm and 633 nm)
- Becton Dickinson FCF FACSAria3 (407 nm violet laser plus 488 nm and 633 nm) equipped to monitor 11 parameters, FACSDiva acquisition and FlowJo analysis software
- Becton Dickinson FACSAria Sorting Flow Cytometer equipped with two lasers (488nm, 633nm) which can use up to seven fluorochromes. The instrument can sort four different cell populations simultaneously under sterile conditions, into tubes, multi-well plates or on slides.
- Becton Dickinson FACSArray 2-laser system (532 nm green and 635 nm red) delivers up to six parameter detection simultaneously with auto-sampling for direct acquisition from 96-well plates
- Becton Dickinson BD LSRII Analytic Flow Cytometer with four lasers (488nm, 635nm, 405nm and a UV line at 355nm) and 11 color capabilities to accommodate a wide range of fluorochromes.
- CellCelector automated cell picker (Aviso GmbH) optimized for detecting and isolating high-secretor recombinant cell clones in semi-solid medium. It includes a full-colour video camera capable of sophisticated image capture and analysis.
- Quixell-FP cell cloning workstation for one-step, semi-automated isolation of cells at random, or based on morphology or fluorescence markers. The Quixell-FP can visualize and pick one labeled cell out of thousands of non-labelled cells.
- A fully automated, multi-dimensional video microscopy system capable of capturing time-lapse images in Phase or Nomarski Contrast and five different channels of fluorescence.
- Immunofluorescence slide system for fixed cells imaging, featuring an upright microscope, 26 mm oculars for extra wide field of view, and high-performance oil-immersion objectives up to 100x magnification.
- General-purpose photomicrography system for user-friendly, self-serve capture of high-quality images of cells in culture vessels.
- Beckman-Coulter Cytomics FC 500 MPL equipped with two lasers (488nm, 635nm) provides automated plate and tube based acquisition for cell and bead based assays
- ModFit LT – versatile DNA analysis software, which also provides models for use with cell-tracking dye studies and synchronized cell lines
- GenePix Professional 4200 MicroArray Scanner 4-laser system (488nm blue, 532 nm green, 594 nm yellow, 635 nm red) sequential scanning, non-confocal, single-slide scanning and supports multispectral imaging
- Axon GenePix 4200A non-confocal scanner equipped with 4 internal lasers (488 nm, 532 nm, 594 nm, 635 nm wavelength) for greater functionality, 5 – 100 micron resolution. Acuity SQL database analysis software and GenePix Pro software.
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) equipped with variable-pressure chamber providing high image quality at low voltages (resolution 2560 x 1920 pixels)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) equipped with cryostage providing high-contrast imaging (resolution under 0.4nm) on unstained and freeze-fixed materials
- Light and Fluorescence microscopes equipped with differential interference contrast, epi-fluorescence and a high-resolution camera (image outputs 1280 x 1024 pixels) capable of capturing fleeting and low intensity images
For information about these imaging, fluorescence and microscopy technical services:
- Date modified: