Design and modeling for photonic devices and gallium nitride (GaN) electronics
Technical service highlights
NRC's Canadian Photonics Fabrication Centre (CPFC) offers device and circuit design services that complement our core fabrication services. Our team of experts will verify your existing design to ensure optimal manufacturability and suggest possible design changes to improve yield, overall design, and circuit performance.
We offer services in two of NRC's areas of expertise:
What we offer
CPFC's expertise and in-house design capabilities include:
- A suite of commercial and in-house optical and electrical device simulation tools based on Advanced Design System (ADS), beam propagation method (BPM), finite difference (FD), finite difference time domain (FDTD), and finite element method (FEM)
- Mask layout and fabrication
- Device level electrical and optical modeling of active and passive devices
- Full design capability in active and passive optoelectronic devices, from specification of a wafer layer structure to final design and layout of semiconductor lasers and photonic integrated circuits
- Process flow architecture
Why work with us
For Advanced Photonic Components (APC)
NRC has the largest concentration of expertise and facilities in photonic devices, photonics materials, and semiconductor device fabrication in Canada. Our researchers are internationally recognized leaders in their fields of expertise, which include silicon photonics, high-performance laser design and material science.
We’ve worked with dozens of photonics companies and key industry players. We are the only organization in Canada with a proven ability to support partners in bringing new photonic products from the concept stage, through materials and design development, to early commercialization.
For Gallium Nitride (GaN) Electronics
NRC is the only Canadian foundry for GaN electronics and a global leader in the field. Our GaN-based technology is proven to provide the best results for enhancing the functionality and reliability of normally-on and normally-off devices. We also continue to push the technology envelope, using shorter gate lengths to achieve higher frequency bands for radar and satellite communication.
By working with us and making use of our superior technology and technical support, you gain a distinct competitive advantage in the global communications sector.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: