Canadian Codes Centre
Today's construction technologies and techniques differ vastly from those in use at the time the first National Building Code (NBC) was produced in 1941. To keep pace with changes, and ensure that the latest innovations and applications are applied safely by the construction industry, a new edition of the NBC is published approximately every five years.
NRC's Canadian Codes Centre (CCC) plays a vital role in this process by providing technical and administrative support to the Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) and its related committees, which are responsible for the development of Canada's National Model Construction Codes. These codes are the following:
- National Building Code of Canada 2015
- National Fire Code of Canada 2015
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015
- National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2015
- Quebec Construction Code, Chapter I Building, and National Building Code of Canada 2010 (amended)
- National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB)
- National Building Code of Canada 2010 (NBC)
- National Fire Code of Canada 2010 (NFC)
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2010 (NPC)
- National Farm Building Code of Canada 1995 (NFBC)
- Historical Editions of the National Construction Codes (1941-1998)
To purchase Codes publications, please visit the National Model Construction Codes and Guides/Provincial Codes page.
Electronic versions of the NBC 2015, NFC 2015 and NPC 2015 and their printed versions are available now. To choose the right Code, check with the authority having jurisdiction.
Obtaining supplementary Code documents
For other enquiries
For questions about Code content, licensing, sales, or technical support, please Contact Codes Canada.
- Date modified: