Characterization, Quality Assurance and Quality Control
Technical service highlights
The Natural Health Product (NHP) Program offers customized solutions for ingredient and product characterization, and quality assurance and quality control. These customized solutions can help you develop new products, ensure product quality and differentiate your NHP in the marketplace for greater consumer adoption.
What we offer
Our knowledgeable research team can provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of raw materials, extracts, or formulated products, including the chemical profiling of components, fingerprint profiling and comparison, and ingredient characterization. Our full-range of analytical tools includes customized NMR and mass spectroscopy solutions.
Specific areas of expertise
- Integrated platform for custom fractionation, characterization, quantification, biological efficacy and safety testing of bioactives (in vitro and in vivo models)
- Testing and comparison of polyphenols
- Marine and plant based lipid analysis and quantitation
- Carotenoids from plants and algae
- Proteins and polysaccharides
- QA/QC method development and validation for ingredient specifications, active ingredients and known or unknown contaminates
- Quality assurance and quality control (ingredients and finished products)
- Reference material development and standardization
- Value-added ingredients from biomass waste
Why work with us
Quality assurance and quality control are critical for manufacturing safe and efficacious natural health products and functional ingredients. We help partners develop methods to support quality control, bioactive ingredient standardization, and the safety and authenticity of raw ingredients. We can also help partners in developing standardized reference materials to support QA/QC methods. We are interested in working with companies to develop more complex analytical fingerprinting methods to characterize or standardize complex ingredients and final products.
We offer specialized services at competitive rates, which include the support of scientific and technical experts and full range of analytical capabilities. We also offer the opportunity for collaboration and/or for our partners to co-locate with us. Contact us to take advantage of our Canada-wide networking, research and development, as well as business development opportunities.
Do you need screening or analysis of biologically sensitive samples to add value to existing products or to support your new development efforts? If so, contact us:
Natural Health Products; Functional Ingredients; Cosmeceuticals
- Date modified: