National Model Construction Codes and Guides/Provincial Codes
Alert: CODES-GUIDES online library
[updated: 2014‑09‑04] Access to the codes-guides online library, the National Model Construction Codes website (www.nationalcodes.nrc.gc.ca), and the NRC Virtual Store is limited or unavailable at the moment due to a cyber intrusion on the IT infrastructure of the National Research Council of Canada.
Providing access to our subscription holders is one of the most pressing corporate priorities and NRC is working to ensure access is restored as soon as possible.
If you are a subscription holder and require access to the Codes, please contact Fiona Hill: const-const Codes Inquiries.
Please direct specific Codes-related inquiries to:
Canadian Codes Centre
Place an order
Online subscriptions are currently unavailable; however, print publications can still be purchased. Please place your order with NRC's Client Services by phone, fax or regular mail only. Note: An order form (PDF format only) is available on request that you can return to us by fax or by regular mail.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Mail: Publication Sales
M-23A, National Research Council
Ottawa ON K1A 0R6
The Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes is responsible for the development of the National Model Construction Codes. NRC publishes the Codes and, through the Canadian Codes Centre, ensures that the best available knowledge from across Canada and around the world is brought to bear on their development. NRC also publishes several User's Guides for the Codes as well as some provincial codes.
National Model Construction Codes
- National Building Code of Canada 2010
- National Fire Code of Canada 2010
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2010
- National Building Code of Canada 2005
- National Fire Code of Canada 2005
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2005
- National Farm Building Code of Canada 1995
- Historical Editions of the National Construction Codes (1941-1998)
These older codes can also be borrowed from NRC's main library.
Revisions and errata
To obtain revisions and errata for the 2010 and 2005 Codes, please contact:
NRC Construction, Publication Sales
Telephone: 613-990-8425 or toll-free 1-800-672-7990, then press 1.
- Alberta Building Code 2006
- Alberta Fire Code 2006
- Quebec Construction Code - Chapter I, Building, and National Building Code of Canada 2005 (amended)
- Quebec Construction Code, Chapter III, Plumbing, and National Plumbing Code of Canada 2010 (amended)
- Quebec Safety Code, Chapter VIII – Building, and National Fire Code of Canada 2010 (amended)
- User’s Guide – National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011
- User's Guide – NBC 2010, Structural Commentaries (Part 4 of Division B)
- User's Guide – NBC 2005, Structural Commentaries (Part 4 of Division B)
To obtain the following supplements, please contact:
NRC Construction, Codes Technical Support
Telephone: 613-990-8425 or toll-free 1-800-672-7990, then press 2.
- Supplement to the NBC 2010: Intent Statements
- Supplement to the NFC 2010: Intent Statements
- Supplement to the NPC 2010: Intent Statements
- User's Guide – NBC 2005, Application and Intent Statements
- User's Guide – NFC 2005, Application and Intent Statements
- User's Guide – NPC 2005, Application and Intent Statements
Your comments are important to us and we will address your concerns as quickly as possible.
Canadian Codes Centre
National Research Council Canada
For permission to reproduce or licence codes materials, or more specific questions or concerns about Codes publications, contact:
Production and Marketing Manager
- Date modified: