National Model Construction Codes and Guides/Provincial Codes
Please note: CODES-GUIDES online library
Access to the Codes and Code Guides online library is available to current subscribers and existing subscriptions affected by the recent outage have been extended.
If you experience any technical difficulties regaining access to your subscription, please contact CodesTechSupportTechnique.CONST@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Please direct specific Codes-related inquiries to:
Canadian Codes Centre
Place an order
Please place your order with NRC's Client Services by phone, fax or regular mail only. Note: An order form (PDF format only) is available on request that you can return to us by fax or by regular mail.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Mail: Publication Sales
M-23A, National Research Council
1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa ON K1A 0R6
The Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes is responsible for the development of the National Model Construction Codes. NRC publishes the Codes and, through the Canadian Codes Centre, ensures that the best available knowledge from across Canada and around the world is brought to bear on their development. NRC also publishes several User's Guides for the Codes as well as some provincial codes.
National Model Construction Codes are available in printed and electronic format. Printing is disabled for the electronic Codes and Guides.
National Model Construction Codes
- National Building Code of Canada 2010
- National Fire Code of Canada 2010
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2010
- National Building Code of Canada 2005
- National Fire Code of Canada 2005
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2005
- National Farm Building Code of Canada 1995
- Historical Editions of the National Construction Codes (1941-1998)
These older codes can also be borrowed from NRC's main library.
Revisions and errata
To obtain revisions and errata for the 2010 and 2005 Codes, please contact:
NRC Construction, Publication Sales
Telephone: 613-990-8425 or toll-free 1-800-672-7990, then press 1.
- Alberta Building Code 2014
- Alberta Fire Code 2014
- Quebec Construction Code - Chapter I, Building, and National Building Code of Canada 2005 (amended)
- Quebec Construction Code, Chapter III, Plumbing, and National Plumbing Code of Canada 2010 (amended)
- Quebec Safety Code, Chapter VIII – Building, and National Fire Code of Canada 2010 (amended)
- Illustrated User’s Guide – NBC 2010 Part 9 Housing and Small Buildings
- User’s Guide – National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011
- User's Guide – NBC 2010, Structural Commentaries (Part 4 of Division B)
- User's Guide – NBC 2005, Structural Commentaries (Part 4 of Division B)
- Supplement to the NECB 2011: Intent Statements
- Supplement to the NBC 2010: Intent Statements
- Supplement to the NFC 2010: Intent Statements
- Supplement to the NPC 2010: Intent Statements
- User's Guide – NBC 2005, Application and Intent Statements
- User's Guide – NFC 2005, Application and Intent Statements
- User's Guide – NPC 2005, Application and Intent Statements
Your comments are important to us and we will address your concerns as quickly as possible.
Canadian Codes Centre
National Research Council Canada
For permission to reproduce or licence codes materials, or for concerns about Codes publications, contact:
Production and Marketing Manager
- Date modified: