Alberta Fire Code 2014
Place an order
Codes Canada publications are available in printed and electronic format. Printing of electronic formats is limited or disabled depending on the code edition and subscription type. See the Features page for details.
Please note: Do not submit your order more than once. If you are unsure of your order’s status, you can call NRC’s Client Services to confirm. Please submit your order only once either by fax, by mail, by email or through the virtual store.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
The Alberta Fire Code 2014 (AFC) sets out the technical provisions regulating:
- activities related to the construction, use or demolition of buildings and facilities
- the condition of specific elements of buildings and facilities
- the design or construction of specific elements of facilities related to certain hazards
- protection measures for the current or intended use of buildings.
The AFC 2014 complements the Alberta Building Code 2014, and both must be considered when constructing, renovating or maintaining buildings.
New information has been added to the AFC 2014 to make it easier to apply to existing buildings and more accommodating to innovation, including provisions to ensure fire safety and protection during the construction or demolition of six-storey wood buildings based entirely on the upcoming 2015 National Model Construction Codes.
Table of Contents
- Binder $220.00 CAD
- Downloadable, offline access PDF file $220.00 CAD. This file is locked to an individual computer and cannot be transferred. It cannot be installed on a network drive.
- Single user, online access subscription (10 days $40.00 CAD, 1 year $145.00 CAD, 5 years $460.00 CAD) allows users to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet.
- Concurrent user, online access subscription (Email: CONSTPubSales-Ventes@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca for a quote) allows a number of users on the same network to access Code documents simultaneously, available only to organizations.
Printing is disabled for all electronic Codes and Guides.
For other enquiries
For questions about Code content, licensing, sales, or technical support, please Contact Codes Canada.
- Date modified: