Networking and linkages
We recognize the importance of communities in contributing to the growth and development of innovative small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada. Whether they are geographically-based, or industry sector-based, strong communities help strengthen these developing firms and provide opportunities to access talent and services, as well as opportunities for collaboration and potential partnerships.
The NRC Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) experts maintain extensive networks to extend and complement the capabilities of the Program. Access to these networks provides an opportunity for small and medium sized enterprises to connect with individuals and organizations knowledgeable about local sources of financing, research and development institutions, technology brokers and technology transfer centres. Specific services may include:
- professional advice (e.g. marketing, financing, legal, etc.);
- problem identification and solving;
- research and development support;
- technology partnering;
- transfer of knowledge;
- networking opportunities and linkages;
- community specific opportunities; and
- effective business and management skills development.
The reach of the IRAP network includes many regional, national and international organizations, all of which play a role in strengthening the innovation support system in a way that benefits small and medium sized enterprises in Canada. As such, the IRAP network includes relationships with:
- universities and colleges;
- provincial and municipal programs;
- regional development agencies;
- other government departments;
- potential financing groups;
- service providers; and
- industry associations.
To learn more about IRAP, please call our toll-free number at 1-877-994-4727 to speak with one of our representatives who will refer you to an Industrial Technology Advisor located in your community.
- Date modified: