Through its industrial technology advisors, IRAP offers financial assistance to eligible firms under different programs:
- Technology innovation projects
- Youth employment strategy programs
NRC Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) provides financial support to qualified small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada to help them undertake technology innovation.
In order to be considered for possible IRAP funding, the basic eligibility criteria are:
- be a small and medium-sized enterprise in Canada, incorporated and profit-oriented;
- have 500 or fewer full-time equivalent employees; and
- have the objective to grow and generate profits through development and commercialization of innovative, technology-driven new or improved products, services, or processes in Canada.
Before entering into a financial commitment with a client, both the firm and the project are evaluated on an individual basis during a consultation with one of our Industrial Technology Advisors (ITAs) located across Canada.
The potential client must contact one of our ITAs who will assist them with their projects by calling our toll-free number at 1-877-994-4727. Both the firm and the project are assessed by IRAP. Specifically, the due diligence process assesses:
- the business and management capabilities of the firm and the company's potential to achieve the expected results and outcomes associated with the proposed project;
- the financial capabilities of the firm and its plan to commercialize the developed technologies; and
- the technical aspects of the project and its potential impact on the firm.
- Date modified: