Mandate and role
For nearly 70 years, the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP) has been stimulating wealth creation for Canada through technological innovation. This is largely accomplished by providing technology assistance to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), at all stages of the innovation process, to build their innovation capacity and successfully take their ideas to market. NRC-IRAP helps SMEs identify and understand technology issues and opportunities and provides linkages to the best business and R&D expertise in Canada.
- Stimulate wealth creation for Canada through innovation.
- Accelerate the growth of small and medium-sized enterprises by providing them with a comprehensive suite of innovation services and funding.
- Be the most impactful program of its kind in the world, where Canadian firms go first to transform their ideas into commercial success.
- Provide value-added front line service to clients.
- Respect and invest in the value of people.
- Build and contribute to partnerships.
- Maintain and enhance technical credibility.
- Ensure accountability for quality service and effective use of resources.
Our program goals
- Support small and medium-sized enterprise innovation.
- Strengthen technology-based communities.
- Increase our client reach.
Our strategic objectives
- Provide support to small and medium-sized enterprises in Canada in the development and commercialization of technologies.
- Collaborate in initiatives within regional and national organizations that support the development and commercialization of technologies by small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Date modified: