NRC Student Employment Program
Please note that as of February 5th 2015, we will be able to accept your application to the NRC Student Employment Program.
What is the program?
The NRC Student Employment Program provides students with practical career-related experience in research and development, library sciences, communications, marketing and other areas.
The Student Employment Program offers students a challenging and intellectually stimulating environment, while providing them with access to superior equipment, facilities and expertise. Positions are offered in NRC portfolios, branches and IRAP. Each term lasts for approximately sixteen weeks (four months) and work can occur full-time during a non-academic semester and part-time (up to 20 hours/week) during an academic semester. Salaries are based on the number of academic semesters a student has completed.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible for the NRC Student Employment Program if you have obtained a High School diploma (or grade 12 equivalent), possess a minimum "B" academic average or equivalent (preference may be given to candidates with a "B+" academic average). (equivalencies can be found on the back of your transcript), you are studying at a recognized educational institution and are returning to full-time studies in the next semester, and are a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada. Additionally, foreign national students who meet the eligibility requirements, are studying in recognized and eligible Canadian educational institution and possess a valid Off-Campus Work Permit may also apply. For more detailed requirements and information on this possibility, please refer to the information found at Citizenship and Immigration Canada (Work Off Campus).
In order to apply to the Student Employment Program you will be required to submit your application via the “Apply Now” button below. In addition to attaching your resume and transcript you will need to answer some questions which have been pre-populated into the email. Please read the following instructions carefully to ensure efficient processing of your application.
Before submitting your application:
- Select the “Student code” button below.
- Make a list of your top 4 (maximum) Experience and Skill codes (ie: Bookkeeping (C004)).
- Make a list of your top 4 (maximum) Program of Study or Specialization codes (ie: Heat Transfer (A265)).
- Select the “Mobility for Students” button below. Make a list of the 3 (maximum) work locations where you are willing to work.
- Select the “Apply Now” button. Please do not modify the subject line of the email and ensure that you answer all of the pre-populated application questions found in the email. Failure to answer the questions will result in elimination from the selection process.
- Attach your most recent résumé to the message. Applications that do not include a résumé (CV) will be eliminated from the selection process.
- Attach your most recent transcript if available. Please ensure that your full name is clearly indicated on your transcript. It is mandatory to provide an up-to-date transcript prior to receiving an offer of employment.
- Hit the send button to submit your application. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.
The NRC is an employer who values diversity in its workforce.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted by the hiring organization.
Please note that your application will remain active for nine months as hiring managers search for qualified candidates at various times. If you would like to still be considered for this Program after the nine month period, please re-apply.
Email address: NRC.Student-Etudiant.CNRC@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
- Date modified: