Conceptual and analytical ability
Understanding, analyzing, synthesizing and relating complex information and abstract variables; drawing logical conclusions and/or providing reasonable and creative alternatives.
Analyzes and synthesizes information
- Breaks down concrete problems into parts and synthesizes succinctly.
- Gathers inputs from appropriate players.
- Identifies the links between situations and information.
- Uses common sense, past experience and basic rules to identify key underlying issues and to problem-solve.
- Considers relevant facts and alternatives when making decisions.
Applies broad analysis to reach conclusions
- Analyzes complex problems and breaks down problem into parts.
- Uses theory or hypotheses to assess which part or aspect may be contributing to the problem.
- Sees connections, patterns or trends in the information available. Identifies the potential impacts that trends or events may have on services, products and clients.
- Draws logical conclusions, providing creative options and recommendations.
Manages multiple complex relationships
- Simultaneously deals with multiple problems and abstract complex relationships.
- Recognizes and assesses several likely causal factors or ways of interpreting the information available.
- Thinks several steps ahead and cross-functionally in deciding on best course of action(s) (anticipates likely outcomes).
- Explains complex problems and relationships using clear theories or explanations.
- Draws on experience and knowledge to assess and analyze facts and information that may not be complete to come to quick and appropriate decisions i.e., intuition.
- Date modified: