Self-knowing and self-development
Assessing strengths and weaknesses and engaging in ongoing self-development and improvement; maintaining effectiveness in the face of change or ambiguity.
Entry & Working
Self-assesses and monitors oneself to maintain personal effectiveness
- Recognizes and seeks to close gaps in knowledge and skills through self-learning, and/or seeking assistance, advice or coaching.
- Takes advantage of learning and development opportunities.
- Continually self-assesses and seeks feedback from others to identify strengths and weaknesses and ways of improving.
- Continually applies knowledge and new learning to improve job performance.
- Seeks to balance work responsibilities and personal life commitments.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the face of change or ambiguity.
Seeks to improve and maintain personal effectiveness in high demand situations
- Recognizes personal work capacity and limitations, and manages work accordingly (e.g. delegate, modify priorities).
- Responds and adapts quickly to technological and organizational change through new learning.
- Designs personal learning objectives based on anticipated future needs of the lab, institute and/or NRC.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: