Anticipating and dealing with problems and issues in a persistent manner, seizing opportunities that arise and going beyond what is expected.
- Persists in finding solutions.
- Takes responsibility to get things done without waiting for others to initiate action.
- Does things "now" (or brings concerns forward) instead of postponing them.
- Willingly takes on challenges, even if they fall outside the area of responsibility.
Seeks and meets challenges
- Seeks out ideas from a variety of sources (e.g. literature, peers, and other disciplines) in order to solve problems.
- Offers help to get the job done.
- Perseveres in finding solutions despite obstacles.
- Constantly seeks new opportunities and seizes them when they arise.
- Anticipates and responds in a proactive manner to future needs that may not be obvious to others.
Seeks to excel
- Exceeds job expectations.
- Invests time and effort to prove the value of a concept or application.
- Learns new technology and theories, even when outside the job requirement or field, in order to respond more effectively.
- Date modified: