Bringing excellence to internal or external clients by focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their needs.
Responds to client requests
- Meets client needs by effectively responding to requests.
- Works to satisfy client and organizational expectations.
- Remains professional, helpful and responsive to client needs.
- Seeks clear understanding of client needs and outcomes.
- Gains acceptance for ideas and solutions before proceeding to the next step.
- Communicates in language that the client understands.
- Consults the client in clarifying priorities.
- Probes the client to ascertain needs.
Builds positive client relations
- Maintains ongoing communications and interaction with clients to anticipate and prevent potential problems.
- Keeps clients up-to-date with information and decisions that affect them.
- Never simply says "no", but presents alternatives that address client needs.
- Balances client requests with other priorities (e.g. safety regulations).
- Clearly represents risks and liabilities to client.
- Seeks feedback about client satisfaction.
- Works with clients to find points of compromise.
- Works with clients to articulate needs, objectives and issues.
- Clearly outlines and explains the benefits of proposed solutions.
Evaluates and adapts to client needs
- Identifies benefits for the clients and looks for ways to add value.
- Looks for opportunities to save money or resources for client.
- Adapts methods, schedules, equipment, products or solutions to meet client needs.
- Responds to changes in project scope by re-negotiating deliverables, work plans, etc.
- Knows how to distinguish client desire and client need in order to define realistic expectations.
- Involves clients in assessing service, solutions or products to determine ways to improve service.
- Date modified: