Creating a vision of success, communicating the vision and aligning strategic, operational and personal work plans and goals to achieve the vision.
Personal work alignment
- Sets personal work goals in line with operational goals of work area.
- Continually evaluates personal progress and behaviour to ensure alignment with strategic vision, organizational values and operational goals.
- Coordinates personal work with others to ensure alignment with the business goals and values of the institute, branch and NRC.
Promotes team alignment
- Effectively communicates and interprets the strategic vision to employees within area of responsibility.
- Clearly articulates and promotes the significance as well as impact of employee contributions to promoting and achieving organizational goals.
- Monitors work of team to ensure alignment with strategic direction, vision and values for the organization.
- Identifies potential future directions for work area in line with vision.
- Contributes in a constructive way to the development of the strategic plan for the work area.
Develops program / operational goals & plans
- Works with teams to set program / operational goals and plans in keeping with the strategic direction.
- Effectively promotes the organization's business direction within NRC to develop understanding, acceptance and personal alignment with NRC's vision.
- Regularly, promotes NRC, its vision and values to clients, stakeholders and partners.
- Through participative management processes works with staff to set strategic goals for the organization.
- Assesses the gap between the current state and desired future direction and establishes effective ways for closing the gap.
- Regularly foresees obstacles and opportunities for the organization and acts accordingly.
Influences strategic direction
- Scans, seeks out and assesses information on potential future directions.
- Weighs information relative to the social, political and economic directions of Canada (i.e. takes a 'whole systems' perspective).
- Contributes to and provides leadership in the development of the Institute/Branch/Program vision.
- Provides direction and communicates the vision to encourage alignment within the organization.
Develops vision, sets values
- Leads the development of the vision for the organization and sets the values and strategic direction for the organization for five to 10 years into the future.
- Describes the vision and values in compelling terms to develop understanding, and promote acceptance among staff and stakeholders.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: