Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Participates as a team member
- Assumes personal responsibilities and follows up on commitments.
- Promotes team goals.
- Seeks others' input and involvement and listens to their viewpoints.
- Deals honestly and fairly with others, showing consideration and respect.
- Looks for opportunities to work with other groups or organizational areas.
- Initiates collaboration on projects or methods of operating.
- Involves team members in decision making.
- Discusses with team members those problems or issues that could impact on results.
- Communicates expectations for teamwork and collaboration.
- Gives credit and acknowledges contributions and efforts of individuals to team effectiveness.
- Involves team members in addressing issues/problems that lead to isolation or conflict.
Demonstrates leadership in teams
- Structures teams for maximum effectiveness taking into account members' skills, interests and concerns.
- Assigns and communicates roles, accountabilities and authorities to maximize team effectiveness.
- Demonstrates flexibility in team leadership style and decision-making strategies to deal effectively with different situations.
- Deals with team issues in a considered and timely manner.
- Develops methods and means for maximizing the input and involvement of team members.
- Recognizes work capacity limitations in others (i.e. team members, organizational units) and takes steps to clarify or modify priorities, reduce or reassign work, introduce time saving efficiencies.
- Coaches or advises team members on how to resolve differences or deal with conflicts to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Creates and fosters a culture of teamwork
- Creates and promotes a culture and environment that fosters highly effective teams (e.g. breaks down historical barriers).
- Establishes reward and recognition mechanisms and structures that promote effective teamwork.
- Models behaviours that maximize group participation by consulting, listening and communicating.
- Coaches others on how to deal with or leverage conflict to achieve to the extent possible "win-win" outcomes.
- Date modified: