Understanding the workings, structure and culture of the organization as well as the political, social and economic climate in which the organization operates.
Understands formal structure
- Recognizes and uses formal structure, rules, processes, methods or operations to accomplish work.
- Demonstrates understanding of the general environment within which the organization operates.
Understands informal structure and culture
- Has a good understanding of the unwritten informal structure, culture, unspoken organizational limitations and ways of operating, and works effectively within and through these to accomplish goals (may apply within NRC and/or in dealing with clients, stakeholders or partners).
- Effectively uses both formal and informal channels, including networking, for acquiring information, assistance and accomplishing work goals.
- Understands issues and culture, both within and external to NRC.
- Quickly understands and adapts to varying cultures and circumstances.
- Effectively uses understanding of power relationships, issues and culture to anticipate impacts or outcomes, frame communication, develop strategy, positions, networks, partnerships and alliances to achieve organizational goals and/or "win-win" outcomes.
Understands organizational politics, issues and external influences
- Anticipates issues, challenges and outcomes and effectively operates to best position NRC.
- Seeks to change culture and methods of operating, if counterproductive to the success of the organization.
Understands and operates effectively in a broad spectrum of political, cultural and social milieu
- Demonstrates broad understanding of political, social and economic context within which NRC operates.
- Operates successfully in a variety of social, political and cultural milieus.
- Date modified: