Seeking and building internal/external alliances, collaborations and services with or for clients to advance NRC business relationships, as well as knowledge, innovation and economic development.
Operates effectively within partnerships
- Communicates openly, builds trust and treats partners/clients fairly, ethically and as valued allies.
- Meets partner/client needs by responding to requests efficiently and effectively.
Manages existing partnerships
- Manages existing partner/ client relations within established agreements/ contracts.
- Monitors partnership/client arrangements to ensure that the objectives of the partnership remain on target.
- Recognizes when adjustments to partnering/client arrangements may be required for the benefit of NRC and/or the partner.
- Negotiates adjustments to partnership/client arrangements, as required.
- Identifies benefits for partner/client and looks for ways to add value to partner/client.
- Develops creative and innovative ways of meeting partner/client needs.
Seeks out partnership opportunities
- Identifies and creates opportunities to form client/partner arrangements through networking, participating in multi-stakeholder groups etc.
- Initiates partnership/client arrangements and alliances that promote organizational objectives.
- Assesses the scientific or economic value of entering into partner/client relationships in terms of both short- and long-term return on investment.
- Participates in negotiating new partnerships / alliances / client relationships that are mutually beneficial to NRC as well as to the Canadian S&T and business communities.
- Coaches partner/clients and researchers on how to develop proposals and work plans to develop and commercialize products.
- Finds the "flexibility within the rules" to eliminate obstacles to partner/client arrangements.
- Encourages and coaches colleagues and/or peers for effective partnering and client service.
- Supports colleagues in taking calculated risks in partner/client relationships.
- Provides advice and direction on the types of partner/client relationships to pursue as well as ground rules for effective partner/client relationships.
- Intervenes, as necessary, to address issues or resolve problems surrounding partner/client relationships.
- Communicates achievements and lessons learned from different partner/client arrangements (i.e. to promote on-going improvement).
- Date modified: