Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Participates as a team member
- Assumes personal responsibilities and follows up on commitments.
- Promotes team goals.
- Seeks others' input and involvement and listens to their viewpoints.
- Deals honestly and fairly with others, showing consideration and respect.
- Recognizes when a compromise is required for the greater good of the team.
- Empathizes with others and takes positive action when required.
- Looks for opportunities to work with other groups or organizational areas.
- Initiates collaboration on projects or methods of operating.
- Discusses problems/issues with team members that could impact on results.
- Communicates expectations for teamwork and collaboration.
- Gives credit and acknowledges contributions and efforts of individuals to team effectiveness.
Demonstrates leadership in teams
- Assigns and communicates roles, accountabilities and authorities to maximize team effectiveness.
- Demonstrates flexibility in team leadership style and decision-making strategies to deal effectively with different situations.
- Deals with team issues in a considered and timely manner.
- Suggests or develops methods and means for maximizing the input and involvement of team members.
- Recognizes work capacity limitations in others (i.e. team members, organizational units) and takes steps to clarify or modify priorities, reduce or off load work, introduce time-saving efficiencies.
Creates and fosters a culture of teamwork
- Promotes a culture and environment that fosters highly effective teams (e.g. breaks down historical barriers).
- Coaches or advises team members on how to resolve differences or deal with conflicts to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Establishes reward and recognition mechanisms and structures that promote effective teamwork.
- Models behaviours that maximize group participation by consulting, listening and communicating.
- Date modified: