Demonstrating effective interpersonal skills and working cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals.
Participates as a team member
- Actively participates to ensure a productive team.
- Shares information and expertise with other team members.
- Assumes personal responsibilities and follows up on commitments.
- Recognizes when a compromise is required for the greater good of the team.
- Seeks others' input and involvement and listens to their viewpoints with consideration and respect.
- Looks for opportunities to work with other groups or organizational areas.
- Initiates collaboration on projects or methods of operating.
- Discusses with team members those problems or issues that could affect results.
- Gives credit and acknowledges contributions and efforts of team members.
- Encourages members to contribute to team goals.
- Attempts to resolve conflicts within the team.
Demonstrates leadership in teams
- Provides coaching, guidance and direction to other team members.
- Recommends team structure for maximum effectiveness, taking into account members' skills, interests and concerns.
- Demonstrates flexibility in team leadership style and decision-making strategies to deal effectively with different situations.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting team in a timely manner.
- Recognizes work capacity limitations in others (i.e. team members or organizational units) and takes or recommends steps to clarify or modify priorities, reassign work or introduce timesaving efficiencies.
- Advises team members on how to resolve differences or deal with conflicts to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Creates and fosters a culture of teamwork
- Creates and promotes a culture and environment that fosters highly effective teams.
- Establishes reward and recognition mechanisms and structures that promote effective teamwork.
- Models behaviours that maximize group participation by consulting, listening and communicating.
- Takes appropriate action to resolve persistent, broad-ranging and/or significant team conflicts.
- Date modified: