Focusing efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the NRC vision.
Stays focused on results
- Promptly and efficiently completes work assignments.
- Aligns personal work with team/unit goals.
- Plans, prioritizes and balances work to meet commitments, goals and deadlines.
- Stays focused on goals despite obstacles and disruptions.
- Compares work performance and outcomes against standards to achieve quality results.
Seeks to improve personal performance
- Sets challenging yet realistic personal goals in line with team/unit goals.
- Looks for ways to improve personal efficiency.
- Anticipates, identifies and effectively deals with problems or risks.
- Plans for contingencies to deal with unexpected events.
- Develops personal work plans to structure work and achieve required results.
- Evaluates own work performance to identify ways to improve it.
Seeks to improve organizational performance
- Uses appropriate tools, methods and criteria to regularly evaluate work processes, services or deliverables.
- Challenges ineffective work processes and offers constructive alternatives.
- Establishes effective organizational methods for assigning, managing and tracking work.
- Develops systems to organize, track and share information.
- Solicits and/or provides information that could affect the planning, programs and decision-making for the organization.
Sets and models behavioural performance standards
- Sets the expected standards and criteria for measuring success.
- Delivers a clear message on the standards expected.
- Serves as a model for the standards expected.
- Recognizes employees, teams and groups who are examples of excellence for the organization.
- Invests time and effort to ensure long-term success.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: