Anticipating and dealing with problems and issues in a persistent manner, seizing opportunities that arise and going beyond what is expected.
- Accepts challenges and persists in finding solutions.
- Takes responsibility to get things done without waiting for others to initiate action.
- Responds to issues and/or brings concerns forward rather than waiting for them to be discovered by someone else.
Seeks and meets challenges
- Constantly looks for new opportunities and seizes them when they arise.
- Considers ideas from a variety of sources in order to solve problems.
- Remains flexible to find alternate ways around obstacles/barriers to achieve goals.
- Takes calculated risks to achieve goals/outcomes.
- Perseveres in seeking solutions despite obstacles.
- Offers technical help and expertise to resolve problems.
- Plans ahead to address future requirements without being asked.
Seeks to excel
- Anticipates and responds in a proactive manner to future needs (of internal or external clients or groups) that may not be obvious to others.
- Exceeds job expectations to contribute to the NRC objectives.
- Coaches, supports and encourages others to test their limits.
- Seeks to maintain an awareness of issues, even those not directly related to their job.
- Actively acquires new skills in order that they can contribute more effectively or in new ways.
- Date modified: